Assemble the elements in 2 hours, choose your nano computer and place it in the machine.
Diskio Pi is the most versatile touch device on the market.
- Compatible with nano PCs up to 8Gb RAM (ARM, x86, x64)
- Can be used as an external screen, touch or not
- Up to 13 hours of battery life with the battery option
- Full hackable, upgradable and customizable
Model shown: prototype 0.3
What for ?
Each copy will be unique, because YOU are the maker of your OWN machine. We just provide the material to make it. Diskio Pi is also the ultime machine to create your retro gaming console, with or without batteries.
Build a large, portable retro game console
The device is equipped with a capacitive touch screen and a 13.3 inch HD screen.
Due to the 3D printing method, the surface finish may be slightly lower than the visuals presented
Compatible with the official Raspberry Pi camera (V2, 8MP), front or back position.
Each element has been designed to build your own tablet according to your desires, with an effective adaptation of your SBC board.
Here is an example of configuration with a Odroid C2, 3 battery packs and the cooling solution, driven by the daughter board (board on the left).
With the 3-position switch, you can use the device with an external HDMI source without uninstalling your internal SBC.
Diskio Pi was designed like a PC, but in a portable hybrid format !
Here are the main ones :
(note: the Raspberry Pi Zero cable is sold separately)
Clipsable & replaceable hat, to adapt new L boards.
What's in the basic kit ?
The case is 3D printed, and is delivered with this pack.
- Screen and flat cable x 1
- Touch glass with USB controler board x 1
- 3D printed ABS case x 1
- Racks plates & nylon spacers x 2
- Daughter board x 1 (USB 2.0 HUB + power + fan controler)
- Video controller board with OSD board and cable x 1
- Ethernet & sound jack board (L board) x 1
- Internal cables for : Raspberry Pi (1, 2, 3 B/B+, 4), Odroid C1+, C2, including Ethernet & HDMI internals cables.
- AC/DC power adaptor with EU, UK or US cable x 1
- Screws and a small screwdriver x 1 set
- Assembly instructions x 1
The daughter board : power, USB 2.0 HUB, fan controler (adjustable), HDMI input
The "L" board, which is replaceable with new functionalities. For the first one, you'll find an Ethernet port and an audio sound jack.
The Diskio Pi equipped with an Odroid C2 board and Android 5.1 operating system (version 6.0 available)
- It is also possible to use your SBC board outside the screen for prototyping, by powering it directly via the screen and the vertical USB port:
Prototyping with Diskio Pi using the external HDMI port
- Internal GPIO access is also provided: a flat cable will be available in the Diskio Pi shop. Note that this access cannot be installed with the VESA option.
GPIO access: a pre-cut hole is provided to adapt a flat cable.
- For external sound: to anticipate a future audio output, a connector will be present on the Lan board. The internal audio cable, which must be connected to the display board or directly to the Pi, will be sold separately on the Diskio Pi website.
For the final version, the design will be modified with more square corners and some adaptations due to the constraints of 3D printing.
The SBC board is not included in the kit
Diskio Pi equipped with the UP board & Windows 10
Diskio Pi naked version (without case) with Android running (Odroid C2)
Each battery pack is composed of three cells
As this map has not yet been developed, the funding will also be used to study this map.
Battery life depending on SBC board type and use
Size : 13.3 inches
Resolution : 1920*1080 px
Surface treatment : Brillant
Type : TFT[IPS]
Brightness：300 cd/m2 (Typ.)
Viewing Angle ：85/85/85/85
Signal Interface ：eDP 30 pins
- Touch interface (optionnal)
Technology : capacitive, 10 points
Interface : USB 2.0
Hardness : ≥6H
- Daughter board
Buck converter 9V to 5V@4A (Power circuit)
Temperature control (with cooler input)
Connections with the SBCs by cables: (USB, Ethernet, power, HDMI).
USB 2.0 Output to use the touch glass with an external SBC or computer
HDMI external input
- Ethernet board
Audio jack connector 3.5 mm (stereo)
- Screen controler board
Stereo DAC via HDMI, stéréo amplifier class D (1W)
Speakers : 2 x 1W
"portable screen": HDMI internal flat cable.
- Power adaptor
- External In/Out
1x 9V jack
1x HDMI in
1x USB 2.0 in
1x USB Power out (2.5A)
Battery pack Full: 6 LiPo cells 7.4V, 10500mAh
Height : 240 mm
Thickness max : 35 mm
Thickness min : 12 mm
with 6 cells: 1650 g
- Case's color & material